The Udder One is a new and exciting partnership with Simon Lacey; the director and head cheese-maker of Laceys Cheese, a long established & award winning Yorkshire cheese company, and David Fawcett; a good friend of Simon’s and head goat milker for an award winning goat farmer.
There is a big gap in the market for an alternative to cows milk ice cream, especially in the North of England. For many people, cows milk is just not an option which is why they choose goats milk. After all, 65% of the world’s population drinks goats milk over cows milk. However, there are also so many other benefits and reasons why we choose goats milk:
- It has more calcium and magnesium which is key for immunity
- It has high levels of Vitamin A which keeps your skin looking young!
- It is GMO, egg, and gluten free
- The levels of lactose in goats milk are much lower than cows milk
- It is 85% less allergenic than cows milk
- It has more oligosaccharides than cows’ milk, helping to keep your gut and digestive system healthy
- It has high potassium levels which help to reduce blood pressure
- It is naturally homogenized which makes it smooth and consistent without undergoing a man-made process
Simon and Dave are hoping to have their amazing goats milk ice-cream fully in production and on sale in the new year, and they are both looking forward to creating an amazing product which is not only delicious and traditionally made, but also suitable for vegetarians and lactose friendly.
To keep updated with The Udder One, like us on Facebook.